Carrying a $3000 price bump over the petrol
Holden has announced the arrival of a diesel Equinox, priced from $35,990 before on-road costs.
Power comes from a 1.6-litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel making 100kW and 320Nm, with a claimed combined fuel figure of just 5.6L/100km. It’ll be paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, and offered in both front- and all-wheel drive trim.
It’ll be offered in the same trim grades as the current range, minus the base LS. That means Holden has made the car available in LS+, LT, LTZ and LTZ-V guise. The two top grades are all-wheel drive, while base models make do with front-wheel drive.
As with the petrol range, the LS+ comes with six airbags, 17-inch alloy wheels, a rear-view camera and park assist, 60/40 split folding rear seats and auto headlights. Inside, you get a 7.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, along with four USB inputs.
Auto-emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, lane-departure warnings, blind-spot monitoring and auto high-beam are all standard across the range, along with rear cross-traffic alerts. Jumping up the range adds fruit like a larger central touchscreen, front parking sensors, roof-rack mounts, BOSE audio and heated seats.
Cars have already arrived at dealers, and are currently being offered with a seven year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, along with seven years roadside assist.
2018 Holden Equinox pricing
- Equinox LS 1.5 manual FWD – $27,990
- Equinox LS 1.5 auto FWD – $29,990
- Equinox LS+ 1.5 auto FWD – $32,990
- Equinox LS+ diesel FWD – $35,990
- Equinox LT 2.0 auto FWD – $36,990
- Equinox LT diesel FWD – $39,990
- Equinox LTZ 2.0 auto FWD – $39,990
- Equinox LTZ 2.0 auto AWD – $44,290
- Equinox LTX diesel AWD – $47,290
- Equinox LTZ-V 2.0 auto AWD – $46,290
- Equinox LTZ-V diesel AWD – $49,290
All prices exclude on-road costs.
MORE: Holden Equinox news, reviews, comparisons and videos
MORE: Everything Holden